Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Finishing What I Started.

So, I am sitting here watching the season finale of The Biggest Loser, and I can't help but think about where I was when the last season finale was on.

It was just a few months ago, in May 2011, and I had just started my new journey with weight loss and becoming healthy. I was about 2 weeks into it, and was struggling on the treadmill when I happened to turn the TV on to the finale. It was really the first time I had ever watched an entire episode of The Biggest Loser, and figured it would be good motivation, especially while working out. Now thinking back, I probably never watched it because I knew it would be a painful reminder that I, too needed to shape up. Something I never really wanted to do something about, let alone think about.

So, I remember the winner of the finale saying that more than the money she won, more than earning the title of The Biggest Loser, it was the mere fact that she finished something that she had started, that made her the happiest. I related to that sooo well, and those words have never left my mind. I remember them everyday.

I vowed that day, to keep on pushing on--no matter what. And to finish what was starting. And, today I can't say that I am finished with my journey just yet, but I am still well on my way, and have not given up one bit. Instead of looking at how much more I have to go (30 more lbs!), I am only going to look at how far I've come (-59 lbs!).

Hoping to be my own Biggest Loser soon!!

4 comments:

Beeba said...

*picking up jaw off the floor*.............. -59 lbs!!! I had no IDEA you lost so much-- MASHAALLAH!!!!!!!!!!! This is sooooooo exciting!!!!! MABROOK!!!! I want to see you so badly nowwwwww!!!! Make duaa for me, my weight loss is slow :(

Beeba said...

And, inconsistency and procrastination are my WORST enemies! I battle on a daily basis with them. :(

Nicole said...

Thank you SO much! :) JezakAllah khair.

Yes, it almost doesn't even seem real to me either! I have only one 'before' picture, but I wish I had taken more. I wish I could post it, and my current 'almost finished' picture, but ya know. LOL It's a good excuse for us to come visit you all though!!! Inshaallah!!!!

Yeah, I am a huge procrastinator too...every day is a struggle, for sure. Hang in there!! My loss is muuuuuch slower now than it was. I was plateaued for weeks, and it's finally moving again, but nothing like in the beginning. I think that is the most critical time because it's so easy to give up when you don't see the numbers falling as fast as you'd like..

Anonymous said...

Mashallah! That is amazing. I am so proud of you!