Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Let me start out by saying that I haven't seen this reality show on TLC yet.


I finally took the plunge and got rid of cable a few weeks ago, although we still have local channels and PBS (yay!) only. So, I really have no idea what the show depicts, but I'm guessing that it shows normal Muslims just living their life like everyone else in this world. I don't know how practicing the families that are starring in it are, or what sect of Islam they are a part of, but I really can't believe that they are hidden terror cells trying to violently take over America.
Come on, seriously?

This whole show is about the discrimination that so many Muslims in America face each and every single day. Pretty much exactly the same kind of discrimination that Lowe's showed.


I can only imagine what the outrage would be if CAIR, or another Islamic based group was trying to get Lowe's to pull their advertising for the shows 'Sister Wives' or '19 Kids and Counting'. Which are about Christian families. Can you imaaaaaagine the anger??

What is this FFA group so scared of? I honestly don't think it's terrorism. I think it's the fact that people might actually get off their butts and learn something about real about Islam. No, I don't mean from the show (that's another blog post, LOL), but maybe by watching the show, it would prompt them to actually open a book or ask a real life Muslim a question that they have, rather than continuing on with their misconceptions or getting their Islamic info from crazy email forwards.

 Jon Stewart said it best I think, when he said about the show: “the most boring reality show alive” featuring “Muslims living their lives like the rest of us ******* idiots.”


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I've seen the show. I just HAD to watch with them being in Dearborn! It is pretty boring. Just people doing what people do. The most interesting thing to me (and probably many who grew up with only Christians around) is when they talk about their religious traditions.

Oh, and I used to watch 19 Kids & Counting until I found out the parenting "experts" they follow. Here's a blog post about it. http://dulcefamily.blogspot.com/2011/11/but-they-look-so-happy.html I'd be happier if Lowes pulled their advertising from them! I always thought it was eerie how a family with that many young children didn't go through tantrum after tantrum. Now I know and it kind of haunts me!

RJ said...

What is the FAA afraid of? My guess? That something that shows people that Muslims are just like everyone else will mean that people STOP being so afraid. There is a LOT of money being made on that fear just now.

So if I have to hazard a guess- that would be it.

Nicole said...

Wow, Alicia...I didn't know the Duggars followed that raising up a child (or whatever it's called) ideaology. That's really scary. She never brings up spanking or discipline on the show (or the ones I have seen anyway), so maybe that's why. Crazy...

RJ- Couldn't agree more! :)